Monday 1 February 2016

Travel Tip: Smart Pack Your Suitcase


Travel-Tip-1.png
Traveling is awesome but packing is STRESSFUL! But doing one thing differently this time made it a little LESS stressful and that was finding a way to pack a suitcase that was so much easier than I’ve been doing it in the past. Many people asked me about this lately so I thought this might be a good time to see what I could come up with!
Travel-Tip2.png
Packing small clothing items like underwear, camisoles, nylons, scarves, socks, slips etc in the bottom of the bag was the first thing I did. There you will find ridges made with extendable metal handles of the bag where you can store these small clothings in between them. The idea of taking advantage of this space never occurred to me before and I was really surprised at how many little things that I was able to fit in there!


Next step is to start rolling your clothes. This is where I was doing it all wrong. What I heard a long time ago was that FOLDING your clothes was the way to go…but after trying the ROLLING technique, I was able to pack at LEAST twice as much stuff! Honest! And what I found was that rolling your clothes takes up less space than folding them. But be sure of keeping the piece of clothing smooth as you roll it up. Otherwise, you might end up with wrinkles which are annoying.This way it will be easier to see what you have packed also you can get rid of that lines from folding your clothes.
Travel-Tip-3.png
The key is to pack your clothing items by rolling it instead of folding. Then just keep layering! I overpacked for this trip as I always do  and I just couldn’t believe how much space I had for keeping my clothes and I was able to keeping adding more with enough room to spare! I rolled in 14 pair of kurtas and 9 pair of leggings which will be perfect for a 2 week trip.  
TT4.png


After you are doing layering your clothing, now it’s time for your footwear. As many girls I am also a shoe fashionista (I like comfort and  style in that department and I have a lot of collections), so I just packed some animal print flats, a pair of sandals, and a bathroom slippers. I easily could have fit a few more pair. You can keep theses inside the “lid” of the suitcase. It’s also a good idea to wrap each shoe in a plastic bag. This will help you from getting your clothes dirty, and also you can re-use the plastic bags each time you travel.


Depending on what you will be doing at your travel destination, you might also wanted to add one or two small (preferably flat) handbags. I actually chose not to but then felt really sorry after that when I got to NYC. Lesson learned.
My makeup, my chargers, my mouse, my electronic cords, etc. I put inside the outside cover of the bag.
Now that I know how to efficiently pack this bag, traveling just got a whole lot nicer…and at least a little less stressful. You can also try this way of packing to get more space in your suitcase and carrying just one instead of two. Enjoy travelling and visiting a lot of places with just one suitcase!


Did you like this post? If you did, I would love for you to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment